How To Clean Makeup Brushes – Every day we use our brushes to contour, paint and look flawless but how clean are our brushes exactly?
It is important to make sure you apply a clean brush to your face in order for you to avoid break outs that are caused by bacteria which comes from a not so clean brush. Want to find out how to keep a clean brush? Read on!
– The first step on the right path is getting to know how often you should clean your brush. Dermatologists’ advice brushes should be cleaned at least once a week. In a week’s use, there will definitely be a product build up and because you are applying it to the face it is important you clean the brush to keep bacteria away from the face. It is also important to note that a clean brush enables better application of make-up which makes blending easier.
– The second step is much easier and practical. You should know what is used in cleaning your make-up brush. Many people shy away from cleaning their brushes because they feel it is too much work. Cleaning the brush is a lot easier than most people expect as only water and a mild soap is required. Lukewarm water is best and the reason for using a gentle soap is simple, it prevents the brushes bristles from drying out. Using a harsh soap or substance will not only dry out the bristles, but cause it fall off as well especially if it is made of natural hair. Another easy alternative is Brush Cleanser. Sounds easy right?
Before you proceed to cleaning your brush it is essential to note what you used your brush for previously as this will guide you in the cleaning process. If you used a cream based make up substance deeper cleaning will be required. All that is needed is a bowl, mild soap or brush cleanser, your sink and finally a fine cloth to dry.
How To Clean Makeup Brushes
Follow these steps to keep a clean brush and a flawless face
- After preparing the bowl with lukewarm water, wet the bristles.
- Rub off soap on your hand and massage the bristles gently.
- After massaging, rinse the bristles and gently squeeze the water from it.
- Use the fine cloth to clean and ensure the brush is not moisturized.
- Rearrange the brush and leave out to dry.
Follow the steps above and you have yourself a clean brush. Yes! A clean brush is equal to a healthy and flawless face.